www.skylinesoft.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SkylineGlobe Enterprise Products > TerraExplorer Pro and TerraExplorer Plus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polyline looks like thin paper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper_007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polyline looks like thin paper
    Posted: June 18 2015 at 8:03am
Hi, I try to use polyline as aircraft trajectory, but it looks like a piece of thin paper band from the side view while I set the line width greater than 0, any values. If the line width greater, it look like a polygon more than a polyline.
Google earth's line looks fine, is there any solution to make polyline looks better?
By the way, how to make the graphics anti-aliansing?
The problems confuse me a long time, I'm really looking forward to your help. Thank you!
水落石出,石破天惊
RalphT View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RalphT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 11:43am
I think this is a good idea - making polylines "auto-3D", ie where a field specifies the radius/diameter. It gives us a fast and convenient way to visualize underground utilities such as gas or water pipes.

Navon Y. View Drop Down
Skyline Admin Group
Skyline Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navon Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2015 at 8:10am
Hi viper_007 and RalphT,

You are right, if you set the line width to be greater than 0, indeed it looks like a thin paper.

There are two solutions I can offer:

1. Go Minus - Set this parameter to minus 1 to 5 where 1 is the thinnest and 5 is the thickest. When you go minus, you are making sure your polylines' width remains the same from any range and view. Thus, note that taking this approach for a big feature layer won't make it easy on TerraExplorer at all.

2. Use the Pipe Lines tool to convert a group of polylines into  3D pipe models. Now, if the resulting models are not pretty satisfying, you can use an external 3D sketch tool to edit the model facades, nodes and colors, as you wished. Alternatively, you can just replace the existing model with a better one if you find. The original models (DAEs) are located on your local drive in C:\Program Files (x86)\Skyline\TerraExplorer Pro\Tools\CreatePipeLine\...

RalphT, I think the second option can work for your gas or water pipes as well.

viper_007, as for the anti-aliansing issue - Skyline are well aware of this issue and are handling it as we speak.
Best Regards,
Navon Y.,
Skyline Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic