www.skylinesoft.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SkylineGlobe Enterprise Products > TerraExplorer for Developers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to use MakeXPL.exe in command line?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to use MakeXPL.exe in command line?
    Posted: June 28 2016 at 7:11am
Hi everyone,

I refer to the following post:

I can successfully convert my models into XPL2 by the command MakeXPL.exe -InputFile <path> OutputDir <path>. I would like to know how to define the optional settings in the command, such as the "center down object pivot" option.

Thank you for your help.
Eylon View Drop Down
Skyline Admin Group
Skyline Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2016 at 8:04am
Here you go:
-InputFile – Name or input X file or directory of X files. For Directory, use the –All parameter.
-LODInput – Indicates that more than one –InputFile exist. Each will be loaded to a different level.
-OutputDir – Name of destination directory for XPL files.
-All – Indicates to process all files in –InputFile (directory).
-Recursive – Indicates to process all files in inner folders in –InputFile (directory).
-CenterObjects -OffsetX 0 OffsetY 0 OffsetZ 0    – Center the model’s pivot.
-NoCompMax – Do not compress best level texture (default yes).
-SkipBadTextures – Skip Bad Textures (default:no).
-SkipBadModels – Skip Bad Models (Default:no).
Eylon
meichen View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2016 at 8:49am
Hi Eylon,

It works. Thank you very much!
Měi chén
Jane Jiang View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Jiang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 8:09am
Hello! Do you know how to get the log and messages of the "makexpl.exe"?    When I use command line to operate the "makexpl.exe", the message and errors are shown in the cmd window, but I can't  get the output of it.    Thanks a lot 
Yaniv View Drop Down
Skyline Admin Group
Skyline Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yaniv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2017 at 9:32am
Hi Jane,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to get the log as an output file when running the tool from a command line.

Best regards,
Yaniv
Jane Jiang View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Jiang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2017 at 2:30pm
Cry
Anyway, thanks a lot!
taffyb View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taffyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2017 at 9:38am
Have you considered just redirecting the output to a file?

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/battech_redirection.php
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic