www.skylinesoft.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SkylineGlobe Enterprise Products > TerraExplorer Pro and TerraExplorer Plus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to set the Best LOD Size for the model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yunjinzh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to set the Best LOD Size for the model
    Posted: May 07 2012 at 6:12am
when  i add a model in pro6.0
i find a parameter to set the LOD Size for the model in it's Property 
but it is gray and unable to edit, as shown below:

so, anyone can tell me why?
thank you!

yunjinzh View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yunjinzh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 6:29am
if the pic doesn't show correct
see here
Navon Y. View Drop Down
Skyline Admin Group
Skyline Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navon Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 11:40am
Hi Yunjinzh,
Best LOD parameter is made for an XPL2 file type(s). its main purpose is to set a value in which according to this value ,best texture will perform.
In creation of XPL2 file (using the MakeXPL tool of TerraExplorerPro) the texture file is processed and some low details texture is made. The Best LOD parameter is derived from a set of different parameters (i.e., weight of texture, distance from camera) and will set the time when best LOD will perform. as long as getting farther away from the object, as low details texture will be performed instead the last Best LOD.
Back to your case: this field is still gray since you are still not using a XPL2 file but other format (i.e., x, 3ds). in order to get the control over this parameter, please use the MakeXPL tool.
Best Regards,
Navon Y.,
Skyline Support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic