www.skylinesoft.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SkylineGlobe Enterprise Products > TerraExplorer Pro and TerraExplorer Plus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I use the Terra3DViewEx?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuzixiang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I use the Terra3DViewEx?
    Posted: May 31 2013 at 10:57am
I use the Terra3DViewEx , but it doesn't work . And it always prompt this error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x80004005):Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

I use  The C# Programming Language.

Eylon View Drop Down
Skyline Admin Group
Skyline Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2013 at 7:17am
If you provide more information on how you used it/code sample/project for download, we will be able to help more...
Eylon
yuzixiang View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuzixiang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 7:40am
 I only simple use the  Terra3DViewEx.  I use the same code to run on different computers. Most of the computer can use it , only a computer appear this problem.
Should I modify the setting of this computer ?
Eylon View Drop Down
Skyline Admin Group
Skyline Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 7:53am
What errors are you getting? Maybe this specific computer does not have enough resources to support two TE instances.
Eylon
yuzixiang View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuzixiang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 9:19am
When the code to run this place : " var terra3DViewEx = parameter as Terra3DViewEx;                  
                terra3DViewEx.SGWorldEx.Project.Open(dialog.FileName, true);";
It always prompt this error:“System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x80004005):Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component."   I found this control is not loaded.
Configuration of this computer is not too bad:quad core CPU 2.8 GHz , 64-bit and 4G of  memory.
Eylon View Drop Down
Skyline Admin Group
Skyline Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eylon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 9:29am
Dear yuzixiang,

try creating only the Ex window, to see if this is a problem of resources, or of running the Ex regardless.

Consider contacting support for thorough review.

Eylon
Eylon
CLAF View Drop Down
Skyline Government/Military Customers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 9:49am
Hi yuzixiang,

Did you try to force the compilation options to x86 to generate a 32Bit exe ?
Christian Laforgue - Freelance Skyline solutions developer (and other GIS).
Ready for any French or English developments and training courses.
azam View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 9:35am
Thanks CLAF on a 64 Bit OS, changing "Platform target" to "x86" fixed the issue. 

I have 2 question
1. There are now 2 types of 3dWindow Controls in "COM Components" listing under "Choose Toolbox Items" dialog. which one to use "TE3DWindowEx Class" or "TE3DWindow Class" ?
2. What does "External" means when i drop "TE3DWindowEx Class"  control on my windows form?

Thanks in anticipation
Azam

Edited by azam - June 24 2013 at 9:36am
CLAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2013 at 3:10pm
Hi,
I'm sorry, I didn't see your last reply and questions.

TE3DWindow Class is the main and regular 3D window, (you can imagine it's the one we get in TerraExplorer). It's the one you must use if your application has only one 3D window

TE3DWindowEx is an additionnal component for creating application with several 3D windows at the same time. With the API, you can synchronize the different 3D windows if you want, chose the master  and which salve(s) follows the master, with offset between them ... etc ...

best regards
Christian Laforgue - Freelance Skyline solutions developer (and other GIS).
Ready for any French or English developments and training courses.
azam View Drop Down
Visitor
Visitor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2013 at 6:31am
Many thanks for the clarification CLAF :).
Best Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic