www.skylinesoft.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SkylineGlobe Enterprise Products > TerraBuilder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ConvZ Tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skyline Government/Military Customers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Deiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ConvZ Tool
    Posted: November 25 2003 at 9:12am

I am having some problems with the ConvZ tool.

I general prefer this tool to ConvXYZ because Z files use minor space than XYZ.

As for ConzXYZ, I noticed for ConvZ a sort of upper limit on the dimension of the file it can manage ... and I have always avoid this by making all my dems in many other smaller pieces.

This time is different: I have split a dem in 4 pieces (nw, sw, ne, se); the first two came out without any kinds of problems, the second ones crush the application ... ; I have also tried to use ConvZ tool of the precedent version of TB, and it gives me the grw files, but once I can see them converted in mpu format, every quote is equal to 1 ...

What can I do ?

Actually I have to close a work today ...

Andrea Deiana

General Manager

Andrea Deiana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Deiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2003 at 10:11am

I have to apologize ... :

I have found the problem and its solution:
I have created Z values using 7 characters field size, 2 characters decimal precision ... and this was good as I had altitude less than 1000 meters (999.99 998.99 997.25 ...), but on a side of original dem (the 2 files that weren't good) I there is a big part covered by the sea, deeper than 100 meters, and minus sign has kept the space separation character (-98.95-121.25-168.66...)

Now I have done two new files using 8 characters field size and everything is fine (-98.95 -121.25 -168.66 ...) !

I think this is not the first time I make this mistake, but I am in a  hurry ... 

Andrea Deiana

General Manager

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic